COURSE UPDATE! Legislation passed on March 13, 2015 has delayed the start of mandatory electronic prescribing in New York State to March 27, 2016. Members are urged to sign up and not put off enrolling in an e-prescribe program so they are prepared when March 27, 2016 comes around.
This course was developed by the New York State Dental Association Task Force on Technology. The course is designed to explain the requirements of New York State’s Internet System for Tracking Over-Prescribing (I-STOP) law and how they can be integrated into the dental practice.
Specifically, the course will:
- The course participates will gain an understanding of NYS' I-STOP legislation's history, intent and requirements
- The course participants will gain an understanding of NYS's Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP), its intent and requirements.
- The course participants will be familiar with the NYS' Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP) requirements for administering, dispensing, and prescribing a controlled substance.
- The course participants will know the options available for electronic prescribing software and how to determine the appropriate type of software to meet their needs of their practices.
- The course participants will understand the process, associated security measures and specific requirements for the electronic prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) in New York.
- The course participants understand how to use electronic prescribing software in their practices.
This course will include background, New York State I-STOP regulatory information and practical step-by-step guidance to help participants comply with the impending e-prescribing mandate. Upon successful completion of the course, attendees will leave with a definitive road map to include e-prescribing in their offices.