Xerostomia is a sensation of oral dryness. It is caused by many factors, among them, hypo/hyper salivation. This course discusses the etiology, local and systemic factors related to dryness of the mouth, its diagnosis, and management of the syndrome. This course will help health care providers respond to patients afflicted with xerostomia.
At the end of the course you will understand:
* Etiology and systemic factors that cause Xerostomia
* Diagnosis and treatment management
* Drugs associated with the development of Xerostomia
* Medications and interventions to treat Xerostomia
* Test associated with the measure of saliva